So, it's true. I'm a total FRAUD. Calling this a "recipe" is almost ridiculous... but it tasted SO DELICIOUS I had to share it with you.
Also, on a serious note, can someone please come and rip my Tahini away from me? It's so damn good, but while I'm trying to be "high carb, low fat" - tahini is proving the hardest thing to use in small amounts ;)
Okay - enough waffling, you're here for a recipe. Like I said - it's disgracefully simple. Don't judge.
(Makes enough for 2 stacks, which you can share or eat alone!)
1/2 a Butternut Squash
1 Sweet Potato
1 large, ripe tomato
2 Springs fresh rosemary
2 Tbsp Tahini
2 Tbsp water
1 tsp Flaxseed meal (optional)
Lettuce for garnishing
1) MUSIC ON! Check. OVEN ON! Check.
2) Slice all your root veggies (potato, sweet potato, parsnip and butternut squash) in to thick circles and place on a baking tray. Sprinkle on a little sea salt, pepper and one stalk of rosemary.
3) Place in the oven. (You may notice I didn't use any oil for this recipe... this is going in-line with my "low fat" regime. Honestly - I don't think this one needs oil at all. The veggies roast perfectly in the oven without, though obviously add some if you want extra crisp and flavor!)
4) While they are cooking - slice up the Aubergine into similar circles and place these under the grill with a sprinkling of salt for about ten minutes each side. Set aside.
5) Prep your salad by slicing your tomatoes and cucumber and washing your lettuce leaves.
6) Tahini Sauce: Simply combine in a small bowl your tahini, lemon juice, water and flaxseed. Stir until it reaches a lovely, smooth consistency. Taste and add more of any ingredients if you wish!
7) Turn over your veggies in the oven after approximately 20 minutes.
8) Place a saucepan of water on to boil and, once boiling, add your asparagus. Boil for about five minutes - leave a little chewy!
9) To assemble - lay your lettuce down and stack the veggies in whatever order you wish - potato, aubergine, squash, sweet potato, parsnip... etc. You'll see you can't layer on too many without it collapsing. About half way up - put some of your Tahini sauce in the centre, then continue building and finish with a generous drizzle on top!
10) Lay your tomatoes, cucumber and asparagus around the side