I make no secret of the fact I like to eat big. I do :)
The best thing about vegan food - is that it's PLANTS. (If you do it right.) Plants are good for you - so PACK 'EM IN. Your body will only love you more. By this, I obviously am not refering to deep-fried chips and vegan cake.
Cake ain't a plant. Capeesh?
This meal is very "High Carb"/"Raw Till 4" friendly, if you are going for either of these really popular diets at the moment. I think they're both brilliant and would probably follow myself if I wasn't so addicted to porridge and coffee.
Lately - I've been a little indulgent... (mainly alcohol!). Not very good.... but what can I say? It's summer here at the moment and it's hard to go past a lovely G and T in the sunshine! Also, work does some incredible Sweet Potato Wedges (that are apparently deep-fried... lord help me!) that have been a regular occurrence on my plate while I work all the hours under the sun.... so, I have been trying to clean things up a bit!
My clean-up is going very well with amazing meals like tonights!
500g Baby Potatoes (organic if possible)
100g cherry tomatoes, halved
2 cups of spinach
1/4 cucumber, sliced.
1 tablespoon Tahini
3 springs of Rosemary
1/4 cup fresh Parsley
1) Put on an awesome soundtrack.
2) Turn your oven on to 180 degrees
3) Place a large saucepan of water on to boil.
4) Place your parsnip (Slice them in half) onto a baking tray with the rosemary and a sprinkling of salt. Put in the Oven.
5) Once the water is boiling - place your potatoes in (carefully!)
6) While these elements are cooking away, you can prepare your salad! I just simply combine the spinach, tomatoes and cucumber in a bowl and finish with a drizzle of fresh lemon juice. Perfection!
7) For the Tahini dressing - combine 1 tablespoon of Tahini with the juice of 1 lemon and 2 tablespoons of water in a small mixing bowl. Combine until you have a nice smooth dressing.
8) Mash up your avocado in a second bowl with another drizzle of lemon juice and an optional sprinkling of sea salt. Perfect guacamole ain't complicated people! And if you want super healthy guac - you don't need oil.
9) When your potatoes are cooked - drain all the water and add (i know, another!) squeeze of lemon juice all over the potatoes, the remaining rosemary, chopped parsley and a sprinkling of salt and pepper. Let these flavors marinate for a little bit.
10) For serving - just arrange however you like! It's almost an epic vegan grazing board, isn't it?
ENJOY, DEVOUR! GUILT FREE :)